Official Kali Linux Documentation
In an ongoing effort, we have attempted to document common, new, or interesting features available in Kali Linux as best as we can. This prompted the setup of our Official Kali Linux Documentation website.
We believe the fastest way to get to know Kali Linux is to follow the documentation site and explore the new features available.
The documentation site is in a constant state of work in progress and is is translated by Kali Linux community members in their free time, on a best-effort basis. As such, translated documents may fall behind the original English translations. If in doubt of accuracy, know that the English versions are the most updated. If you would like to help with translations, contact us.
Special Features Available in Kali Linux
Over the months of development, we occasionally add cool new features to Kali and document them on our blogs. The following list attempts to gather some of the major features we’ve announced and link them to their respective sources. Many of these topics and more are covered in our free, hands on Kali Linux Dojo workshops.
- Automating Kali Linux deployment via Unattended PXE installations
- Kali Linux ISO of doom, the perfect hardware backdoor.
- Customizing and bending Kali Linux to your will using Kali Linux live build recipes.
- Mastering Kali Linux tool sets with Kali Metapackages.
- Kali Linux in the cloud – Kali Amazon EC2 images available.
- Kali Linux LUKS Full Disk Encryption (FDE).
- Nuking your Kali Linux hard disk with the Kali LUKS nuke option.
- Kali Linux running on Android through Linux Deploy.
- Kali Linux accessibility features, adding support for blind and visually impaired users.
- Kali Linux on a Raspberry Pi and a bunch of other interesting ARM devices.
- Kali Linux Live USB persistence with LUKS encryption.
- Kali Linux Evil Wireless Access Point recipe.
- Kali Linux EFI Boot Support.
- Kali Linux NetHunter ROM overlay for Nexus Android devices.