Kali NetHunter for Android Devices
The Kali NetHunter project is the first Open-source Android penetration testing platform for Android devices, created as a joint effort between a Kali community member, “BinkyBear”, and Kali Linux.
Kali NetHunter supports:
- Wireless 802.11 frame injection
- One-click MANA Evil Access Point setups
- HID keyboard (Teensy like attacks)
- BadUSB MITM attacks
- Bluetooth attacks
- Full Kali Linux container in all its glory and with all its tools
- Command line interface to the Kali Linux container
- Kali desktop EXperience (KeX)
- HDMI output of Kali desktop to external display for supported devices
Nexus is built upon the sturdy shoulders of the Kali Linux distribution and toolsets. Whether you have a Nexus, OnePlus, Nokia, Samsung Galaxy, or even a Samsung Galaxy Tab, chances are we’ve got you covered. Our freely downloadable images come with easy to follow installation and setup instructions to get you up and running in no time at all.
Kali NetHunter Features:
- 802.11 Wireless Injection and AP mode support with multiple supported USB wifi cards.
- Capable of running USB HID Keyboard attacks, much like the Teensy device is able to do.
- Supports BadUSB MITM attacks. Plug in your Kali NetHunter to a victim PC, and have your traffic relayed though it.
- Contains a full Kali Linux toolset, with many tools available via a simple menu system.
- USB Y-cable support in the Kali NetHunter kernel - use your OTG cable while still charging your Nexus device!
- Software Defined Radio support (SDR). Use Kali NetHunter with your HackRF to explore the wireless radio space.
Configure and build your Kali NetHunter image from scratch. It’s completely Open-source.
Kali Developer - Mati Aharoni
The Advanced HID keyboard is like a Teensy device but you can SSH to it over 3G.
Penetration Tester - Sean Brown
As an experienced penetration tester or security professional, it is imperative that you trust the tools you work with. One way to achieve this trust is by having full transparency and familiarity with the code you are running. You are free to read, investigate, and change our build scripts for the Kali NetHunter images.
HID Keyboard and ‘BadUSB’ Attacks
Our Kali NetHunter images support programmable HID keyboard attacks, (a-la-teensy), as well as “BadUSB” network attacks, allowing an attacker to easily MITM an unsuspecting target by simply connecting their device to a computer USB port. In addition to these built in features, we’ve got a whole set of native Kali Linux tools available for use, many of which are configurable through a simple web interface.
The Kali NetHunter configuration interface allows you to easily configure complex configuration files through a local web interface. This feature, together with a custom kernel that supports 802.11 wireless injection and preconfigured connect back VPN services, make the Kali NetHunter a formidable network security tool or discrete drop box - with Kali Linux at the tip of your fingers wherever you are!
Kali NetHunter has its own app store allowing you to grow the potential of Kali NetHunter.
You can learn more about Kali NetHunter on our documentation section as well as NetHunter’s own wiki page.
Want to see Kali NetHunter progress? Look at the stats page, to see if your device is supported yet.