Packages and Binaries:
PDFCrack is a simple tool for recovering passwords from pdf-documents.
It should be able to handle all pdfs that uses the standard security handler but the pdf-parsing routines are a bit of a quick hack so you might stumble across some pdfs where the parser needs to be fixed to handle.
The main PDFCrack features are:
- Supports the standard security handler (revision 2, 3 and 4) on all known PDF-versions.
- Supports cracking both owner and userpasswords.
- Both wordlists and bruteforcing the password are supported.
- Simple permutations (currently only trying first character as Upper Case).
- Save and load a running job.
- Simple benchmarking.
- Optimised search for owner-password when user-password is known.
This program can be used in forensics investigations or similar activities, to legal password crack.
How to install:
sudo apt install pdfcrack
Password recovery tool for PDF-files
[email protected]:~# pdfcrack -h Usage: pdfcrack -f filename [OPTIONS] OPTIONS: -b, --bench perform benchmark and exit -c, --charset=STRING Use the characters in STRING as charset -w, --wordlist=FILE Use FILE as source of passwords to try -n, --minpw=INTEGER Skip trying passwords shorter than this -m, --maxpw=INTEGER Stop when reaching this passwordlength -l, --loadState=FILE Continue from the state saved in FILENAME -o, --owner Work with the ownerpassword -u, --user Work with the userpassword (default) -p, --password=STRING Give userpassword to speed up breaking ownerpassword (implies -o) -q, --quiet Run quietly -s, --permutate Try permutating the passwords (currently only supports switching first character to uppercase) -v, --version Print version and exit
Updated on: 2022-Nov-16