Packages and Binaries:
shed (Simple Hex Editor) is an easy application for viewing and editing files in text mode, using ncurses. The main features are:
- Displays each byte as ascii, hex, decimal, octal and binary;
- Allows changes to be input in all of the above displayed modes, with bit toggling in the binary column;
- Simple Pico-style interface;
- Search resource;
- Can dump information to file;
- Small memory requirements because file is not loaded into memory;
- Large file support.
shed is useful in forensics investigations.
How to install:
sudo apt install shed
Simple hex editor with a pico-style interface
[email protected]:~# shed -h usage: shed [OPTIONS] [FILE] options: -r / --readonly open FILE read only -s / --start=OFFSET position cursor to offset -H / --hex start with hex offsets -L / --length set length (for device files) -h / --help show help and exit -v / --version show version and exit
Updated on: 2021-Sep-13